Call 316-799-0433 and Get Help Now!
Staging an intervention is an effective way of getting an addict to go to treatment programs addiction rehabilitation. If your concerned about someone in Wichita, KS, someone who’s different because of addiction, you may need help. An intervention could be the answer to getting them help. Addiction is worrisome for both the addict and the addict’s family. Friends and family members in Wichita, KS care deeply for those who have an addiction to drugs and/or alcohol. Consequently, it will wear them down. You can’t be afraid of confrontation. Don’t let fear stop you from taking action. Call us at 316-799-0433 for information about interventions and how to coordinate one.
What Is an Intervention?
An intervention is an emotional experience that convinces an addict to participate in therapy to deal with their substance abuse problems. Family members and friends in Wichita, KS meet with the addict about the results of their substance abuse. Then urge them to agree to treatment. The objectives of a program intervention are to offer the addict a chance to save their life. However, in some situations, the addict doesn’t recognize that they have a problem, or are in denial. Over the course of an intervention it is important to talk about certain issues:
- the addict’s hurtful behavior
- how it influences the addict and their loved ones
- therapy plans
- objectives and guidelines that the addict is expected to observe
- what every member of the intervention vows to do if the addict doesn’t go to an addiction treatment center
Usually, there are four different kinds of interventions: simple, crisis, classical, and family systems.
- A simple intervention is just “simply” asking the target to quit their life-threatening behavior. However, before some other techniques are present, try a simple intervention.
- Crisis intervention is used to address immediate hazards to the addict’s life. For example, reckless driving, violence, or drug addiction.
- The purpose of a classical approach is to focus the conversation on a single person. Ultimately, the goal is getting them to agree to rehab immediately.
- The whole family is the focus of a family system intervention. Likewise, since dysfunctional environments create situations of substance addiction and family violence, it is vital that everyone agrees to help.
What Is the Difference Between Intervention and Therapy?
Though both are very important parts of the recovery process, it’s vital to remember that intervention and therapy completely different. Additionally, our experts encourage the addict’s friend and family in Wichita, KS to initiate an intervention. They are to do so with the purpose of persuading the addict to get help for his or her disease. Intervention is NOT the same thing as rehab, and may not be enough to make the addict stop abusing drugs or alcohol. For the best results, the addict should enter a treatment program where they will be taught about the disease of drug and alcohol dependency, what triggers their drug abuse, and how one can maintain long term recovery. Likewise, our team recommends that an intervention encourages an addict to enter into rehabilitation on the same day.
For Assistance Now, Call Recovery Treatment Care As Soon As Possible!
Nothing is more frustrating or scary than watching a loved one succumb to drug abuse. Usually, an intervention is an intense, organized meeting that combines the efforts of family and friends in Wichita, KS, but it is sometimes as simple as just asking the person to stop their behavior. Our services can help by providing interventionists, finding treatment facilities around the United States, or explaining about drug addiction in general. Call 316-799-0433 immediately to help a friend get the support they so desperately need!